INNOVATIVE SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL CENTRE "SIRIUS"
The Innovation Science and Technology Centre "Sirius" was established as a centre of attraction for human capital, scientific, educational, financial and corporate resources and a unique platform for technological entrepreneurship.
Objectives of the "Sirius" ISTC establishment
- Formation of a unique environment for the generation and implementation of promising knowledge.
- Building an effective system of communication between the state, science, education and business.
- Commercialization of high-tech projects based on the best international practices.
ISTC is unique in that it has a special tax regime allowing companies to carry out scientific and technological activities. ISTC residents have access to a unique laboratory complex and collective use centres at the "Sirius" University of Science and Technology. The companies have the opportunity to experiment implementation of technological solutions and innovative products on the federal territory. "Sirius" provides them with comprehensive support and assistance in consulting services, legal and tax advice, intellectual property protection and safeguarding, and more.
Areas of scientific and technological activities at ISTC "Sirius"
- Digital, intelligent manufacturing technologies, robotic systems, creation of big data processing systems, machine learning and artificial intelligence, including research in mathematics.
- Life sciences, including genetics, immunobiology, biomedicine, computational biology.
- Interdisciplinary research, including research in educational and cognitive sciences.
The territory of the ISTC is currently 126.9 hectares. The key infrastructure facilities in the near future will include the "Sirius" Science and Technology University campus, a residential quarter for students and teachers, the «Sirius» Science and Art Park, the University Medical Clinic, the IT Park, pilot, engineering, research agro-biotechnological infrastructure, and social facilities.
As of 1 August 2023, 73 organizations are residents of ISTC "Sirius". Most of them operate in the areas of Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence.
According to the ISTC development strategy, by 2035 the planned revenue from the sale of residents' products should reach RUB 230 billion, the number of ISTC residents should reach 585, and the number of jobs created should reach 15,000.